Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A day in the life


When I took this picture I changed the ISO to 800. I did this because the lighting was kind of dark and also because there was nothing moving in the picture that I was taking. When editing the picture I changed the contrast so it was higher but also made the picture darker because it turned out a little bit too light. I also cropped a little bit of the image off the side because I thought it was unnecessary and wanted the picture to better follow the rule of thirds.
When changing the contrast I thought it was kind of difficult because it added unrealistic colors to the image and made it too bright in parts. Because of these difficulties I decided to make the image darker. Doing this made the image and colors in the image look more realistic and also more dramatic at the same time. I think the colors in this image turned out very well in the end.
During the editing process of this image I realized there was a lot of extra space of the top and right side of the image. I thought cropping off some of this extra space would make the image look better as a whole. I also think by doing this it made the image more closely follow the rule of thirds. I dont think I would change anything about this image because I really like the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment